Do wonder why the cost for your customer contact center is out of control and yet your customers are not happy with your Service Level (SL) performance? The place to look for the answer may be within your workforce management processes, data collection, forecasting, implementation and communication.
COPC Inc. provides performance improvement consulting services for customer contact operations throughout the world, and we find that workforce management is one of the least understood areas of the industry. Their new white paper "How to Meet Your Service Level Needs While Controlling Costs" presents seven common problems within customer contact organizations that can impede your ability to meet Service Level objectives, and provides specific recommendations about how to address each issue.
1. TECHNOLOGY WON’T SOLVE ALL YOUR PROBLEMS
2. KNOW THE LEVEL OF SERVICE YOUR CUSTOMERS DEMAND
3. DON’T FOCUS ON MONTHLY SERVICE LEVEL TARGETS
4. AVOID GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT (GIGO)
5. TAKE THE TIME TO REVIEW AGENT SCHEDULING
6. BALANCE EMPLOYEE SATISFACTION AND ATTRITION
7. FOSTER INTER-DEPARTMENT COMMUNICATIONS
You can access the white paper for more information on this topic.